Friday 20 March 2020

#FirstLinesFriday

Hello, hello my lovelies,


I hope you are all staying safe and well.

So today I thought I would take part in First Lines Friday again which is run by Becky's Book Blog.

This is what you have to do:

First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?

  • Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
  • Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
  • Finally… reveal the book!
So here we go ...

My name is Hazel Wong and I never expected a murder on my summer holiday - but then nothing about the English seaside was as I'd imagined it.

Any ideas?
Image result for down arrow
Image result for down arrow
Image result for down arrow

It was the World Book Day book by Robin Stevens, The Case of the Drowned Pearl.

The Case of the Drowned Pearl: World Book Day 2020 - Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (Paperback)

Synopsis:

While on a seaside holiday with their friends George and Alexander, the Detective Society discover the body of famous swimmer Antonia Braithwaite - nicknamed The Pearl - on the beach.

Everyone presumes that she drowned accidentally - but how could such a famous swimmer have struggled to swim?
Even more mysteriously, three guests at the girls' hotel all wanted Antonia dead...
Can the Detective Society solve this mystery? Or will they sink under the pressure?

I hope you enjoyed that. 

Happy reading,

Allison xx

x

No comments:

Post a Comment