Wednesday 1 April 2020

March Wrap-up

Hello, hello my lovelies,

So I'm here today with my March wrap-up. I'm quite a slow reader (sooo frustrating) so with teaching as well, I tend to read 4 or 5 books a month. Not many, I know, but I can only do what I can do!
However, now that we're in social isolation and I am on a limited rota at school, in theory there is much more time to read. I say in theory, because although I have read more, I haven't actually read as much as I wanted. There's always something to else to do - damn you housework 😂😂

Anyway, enough procrastinating (another of my skills), and on with the wrap-up.

In total I read 8 books.but I didn't finish the first book in March until the 15th so I've done well!

In order, this is what I read. As usual, I will put links to Waterstones but please support your independent bookstores as well during these difficult times if you can. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to buy books online due to suppliers closing, so if you haven't got a TBR to keep you going for a while, it might be wise to stock up now.

1. The House of Hidden Wonders by Sharon Gosling
The House of Hidden Wonders (Paperback)

  • Publisher: Little Tiger Press Group
  • Publication date: 2nd April 2020

You can read my review here. This is another I will definitely be buying.  

2. Oh No, Bobo by Donna David

Oh No, Bobo! - Storytime (Paperback)

  • Illustrated by Laura Watkins
  • Publisher: QED Publishing
  • Publication Date: 21st April 2020

You can read my review here. This is a lovely picture book for younger children.


Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valour (Paperback)

  • Publisher: Hachette Children's Books
  • Published: 5th March 2020
You can read my review here. This is another I'm going to buy. Love that cover!


4. The Nothing To See Here Hotel by Steven Butler
The Nothing to See Here Hotel - Nothing to see Here Hotel 1 (Paperback)

  • Illustrated by Steven Lenton
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd
  • Published last year
I finished this book with my class just before school stopped. Review to follow.


The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse (Hardback)
  • Published by Ebury Publishing
I was late to the party with this one. Review to follow.

6. BOOT: The Rusty Rescue by Shane Hegarty

BOOT: The Rusty Rescue: Book 2 - BOOT (Paperback)

  • Illustrated by Ben Mantle
  • Publisher: Hachette Children's Group
You can read my review here

7. The Vanishing Trick by Jenni Spangler

The Vanishing Trick (Paperback)

  • Illustrated by Chris Mould
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd
  • Publication date: 30th April 2020
You can read my review here.  This is top of my list to buy!

8. Attack of the Heebie Jeebies by Tom Percival

Attack of the Heebie Jeebies - Dream Team (Paperback)

  • Publisher: Pan Macmillan
  • Publication date: 2nd April 2020
Review to follow.

So there you have them. My March 2020 reads.

I've a feeling that we won't be back to school throughout April so I'm hoping to beat 8 next month. Let's see! 

Happy reading,

Allison xx








No comments:

Post a Comment