Tuesday 11 February 2020

The Strangeworlds Travel Agency - review



Hello, hello my lovelies,

I hope you have all stayed safe during the storm and that you haven't suffered too much damage. 

I'm back with a short review of The Strangeworlds Travel Agency by L.D.Lapinski.

The Strangeworlds Travel Agency (Paperback)

Let's cut to the chase ... this book is going to hit the children's book market by storm. 
It tells the story of the Strangeworlds Travel Agency, a shop that to any other person, looks like it is stuck in time, but to Flick, piques her curiosity so much that she just has to go in. 
Right from the start, we are sucked into this story and are with Flick as she begins her magical journey, jumping in and out of suitcases into other worlds. 

The story isn't as simple as that, there has to be a problem, and boy there really is one. Flick realises that in one of her worlds, the future of it is held in her hands. 

I really enjoyed the race against time, the world hopping, the journey and the sense of adventure that Lapinski has given us through this book. I felt that I was with Flick every step of the way and I'm sure that younger readers will feel that too.

It reminded me a little of Mary Poppins and the children when they jumped into a puddle to adventure in another world. This time the vehicle to and from reality is a suitcase. A genius idea. 

The writing was fast-paced and will keep the reader reading right to the very end in what feels like moments.  

I really can't praise this highly enough; so much so, I'm chomping at the bit for the next one already (Let's hope there is one!). This is definitely one that I will buy a physical copy of when it reaches our shelves in April. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Happy reading,

Ally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment