Friday 10 January 2020

First Lines Friday and The Friday 56

Hello hello my lovelies,

First up is First Lines Friday. This is a weekly meme hosted by Wandering Words. All you have to do is reveal the first line or so of a book (it doesn't have to be your current book) and then reveal what it is.I think this is my favourite meme out of all the ones I've started doing. It's so much fun.

Here are my first lines:

T__ I___ M__ came to the top of the cliff. How far had he walked. Nobody knows. Where had he come from? Nobody knows. How was he made. Nobody knows.






Ok so I know the first words give it away but I had to do it. I think those are my favourite opening lines to a story ever. It is, of course, The Iron Man by Ted Hughes. 

The Iron Man (Hardback)

Synopsis
The Iron Man came to the top of the cliff. Where had he come from? Nobody knows. How was he made? Nobody knows. Mankind must put a stop to the dreadful destruction by the Iron Man and set a trap for him, but he cannot be kept down. Then, when a terrible monster from outer space threatens to lay waste to the planet, it is the Iron Man who finds a way to save the world.

I am really lucky as I have a copy of this book signed by the illustrator Chris Mould!



Next up is The Friday 56 and is hosted by Freda's Voice.


Simply turn to page 56 or 56% on your ereader and post a snippet. Simple as that!

So here is my snippet from 56% on my kindle:

******* clambered up the jagged rock face. The dragon emerged. Its eyes burned like coals. Its tail thrashed. ******* knew this was the fiercest monster he'd ever faced.







I asterisked the name out as again, it gives it away. Any guesses?



Beowulf retold by Rob Lloyd Jones

Beowulf - 3.3 Young Reading Series Three (Purple) (Hardback)

I've chosen this book as this is what my class are learning and writing about in English this half term. Exciting stuff!

Happy reading

Allison x


No comments:

Post a Comment